River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Another decent day. It should have been better but as the week wears on I get more and more behind on sleep, thus more and more behind on motivation. As I type, the kids are watching a Magic Schoolbus Video. It's TV time but at least its educational! I really do like the series. We accomplished our less than 2 hours in a day TV goal but the kids did play together on the computer for about 45 minutes. It sounds like a long time but the were getting along so nicely and Jossy was really helping Zeff instead of just taking over so I let them keep going longer than I normally would. Ideally, my TV time limits ought to include computer time as well, but we are working on it!!
Once again, we went to the library yesterday and have all ready read all our books. We checked out Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you See again and both kids are having alot of fun with the rhythm of it. I hear Zeffy chanting his own creations that follow the pattern of the book! Jossy has even been reading that and Where the Wild Things Are to him. She is really getting excited about reading. I have a feeling Zeff will catch the bug even earlier than she did as he seems to have even more of a natural affinity for books.
We again accomplished a full lesson each of Calvert Math and Language arts. I am very pleased with our progress this week in that regard. Jossy is sounding out and blending better but we still need to work on a few letter sounds and those sight words!
Well, hoping our good streak continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home