River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Today, Wednesday, is off to a rough start. I was up till 3am with the fussy baby. Even when I got to bed it was still hard to sleep as baby and I have colds and I kept coughing and it was hard to listen to baby's stuffy nose breathing. I did treat him with saline drops and then suctioning his nose this AM and he has settled down for a very sound morning nap that is extending into an afternoon nap as well! I guess we're both pretty tired from our late night!
Anyway, the combination of me being so tired and the gloomy rainy, snowy weather seems to have put most of us in a funk. J is being cooperative and pleasant but Z is having an awful time!
Therefore we have been able to complete our planned "school", and read a chapter in our new chapter book (we have two going at a time now, just finished the long version of Sleeping Beauty Sunday night) but that is about all I can report. Zeff has refused any stories and is having meltdowns at the slightest provocation. Mommy is doing slightly better than 2yo in controlling herself from having a meltdown but it's not easy!!
Therefore, I am now on a 20 minute break from the kids and they are watching a movie!! We are at our 2hours of TV limit right now and I am realizing we are going to go over it today. Oh well, I am going to serve lunch in about a 1/2 hour and will set them up for one of their more favorite art projects, afterwards. I will give them each an ice cream bucket lid with red, blue and yellow tempera paints on it. They both love mixing the colors. I'll give them paper too, but in their eyes the painting is secondary, they mostly like mixing the colors. That will be a fun project to lift the mood around here and while they are doing that I will get set up to have them bake with me. I would like to make some hoagie rolls for supper and some pumpkin mini-breads to take to the party we are going to tonight. I guess I'll let y'all know tomorrow if any of my good ideas came to fruition! (I'm all ready bargaining with myself that if we don't make the pumpkin bread we could be lazy and bring chips and salsa!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home