River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Fun Day! Everyone up and dressed with clean teeth by 8:30. Fed and educated by 9:30. Out the door by 10am to drop off a meal for a friend who's mother is ill and then onto the Children's Museum. Kids behaved GREAT except for one incident by Zeff. He was mad about something but I couldn't understand what he was saying which made him angrier. He was raising his voice and stomping his feet. Current technique of helping find words to express his emotions, calming down and then discussing the problem worked well. He still has a temper, but is like me in that he flares up quick but calms down quickly too. We will keep working on that - both of us!
Had fun dancing and painting our faces. I even painted a little black nose and whiskers on the baby purely for my own amusement. I don't know why more parents don't dance at the dance party thing they put on from time to time. Only one other mom and I were dancing and about 10 moms and daycare teachers sat on the sides. Oh well, Keian and I had a blast. He is still a little fussy from shots yesterday so it was nice hearing his big belly laugh again when I bounced him.
Well he's done with his lunch and wants to get down from his high chair. And I gotta get ready for work. Hope everyone else is enjoying their Friday as much as we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home