River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Nice Family Evening
We had such a great time at the YMCA yesterday! We dropped baby off in the childcare and took the big kids to the climbing wall. J and Z did great, each got about ten feet off the ground. Zeff is awesome at it as he practices being spiderman all the time in many less-appropriate circumstances.
Ryan did really well, too. I (such a wuss) said I would do it next time.
Then we dropped big kids off at the kid gym. Tangent: They play this game called Ships across the ocean where the kids chant, "Ships across the ocean/Ships across the Sea/ Captain, captain you can't catch me" and then the captain says a color and kids with that color have to run past him without getting caught. Anyway, I think this is a Minneapolis game (though we were in Edina) or something because I never heard of it growing up and all the kids we have played with at the rec ctr and in the playground in the summer seem to know this one. Anyway, Jossy adores it and had so much fun running around. Tangent over.
Ryan and I went and worked out together. It was so nice to just be able to hang out together and talk w/o interruption. I was able to go more than 2 miles again and am working up to doing 2.5.
Then we went to the mall to look for replacement ballet slippers and had dinner at Arby's. Mmmmmm. I really, really, really like horsey sauce on roast beef and cheddar. It is in my top three favorite foods.
The dumb Vikings game is on today so I will be leaving the house shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home