River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

CONFESSION

It's official. I am certifiably the worst mom in the world. The tooth fairy never came last night to trade money for my daughter's third lost tooth. The baby had a fever and J was kind of difficult about bedtime and Ry had gone out and I just forgot! I told her it was because it was so icy out and that she was still tired from helping Santa. She thought it was because I had talked her into putting it on her dresser instead of under her pillow. She sleeps on a top bunk. I just about broke my arm trying to exchange tooth for cash last time. Darn, guess I will have to brave that top bunk tonight. Unless Ryan does. Last time we both did. We are so bad at this!
Shoot, now she wants to put the tooth back in her mouth. ~sigh~

6 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    I put our teeth in a fairy candle holder, which Reagan thinks is cool. Then when he looks in the next day there's money!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    I forgot to add that you are NOT the worst mother ever. You're actually a very good mom.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said…

    Well I guess I did this so many times that I have a great escape for forgetting the money...
    After forgetting to put the money under the pillow, I grab 50 cents and head upstairs to the bedroom. I search around, drop the coins, find the coins and present them to the toothless child :o)

    It always worked.

    You are not a bad mother! It happens to all of us :o)

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said…

    Hey...one more thing...I just saw your profile (cause I am bored and nosey) and boy are you young :o) Then I saw your favorite movie (one of my favs) and then I saw your favorite musicians. hahahhaha

    There I see the generation g a p :o)

    Nice to read your blog.
    I found it at WTM.
    Donna

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Thank you Anne and Donna for your suggestions and kind comments.
    Welcome, Donna. Well, as I always tell my patients when they say I look too young to have three kids, You're right, I am! I got married at twenty and found out that we were starting our family (!) two weeks later. Now I can honestly say that it has been the best thing to ever happen to me, but I wasn't so sure then! I had planned to become a doctor and then have 1.5 kids and have my husband stay home with them.
    My taste in music might be due to a small, stubborn part in my personality that refuses to grow up.
    Thanks for reading!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    blog/site to my favorites. I also have a blog/site you're invited to visit

     

Post a Comment

<< Home