River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I'm Not Dead..
... Just too busy living to blog about it. We got a Science Museum membership and a Y membership for Christmas and between the two are having a great time. We have been swimming 2 out of the last 3 days and have been to the Y everyday. I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday and 2.2 today.
Tomorrow we are going to see Frog and Toad at the Children's Theatre. Should be fun. My cousin will watch baby and then we plan to take her and her son to the Science Museum in the PM.
It is an adjustment to get back into school and so far we have just reintroduced Math every day. We are doing a lot of reading and other informal learning and will begin our full lessons next week. Z has an AM preschool class that will meet twice a week and I hope to use those as catch up days.
I do have to say for the record though: Homeschooling with a newborn or small baby is a million times easier than homeschooling with a toddler. I was about ripping my hair out today as he was into things and climbing and making messes faster than I could clean them up. I was rearranging gates today, trying to keep him safe and realized they only way it would work is if I just penned him in. I guess that's the concept behind playpens. Funny, when I was a kid I always remembering there being a playpen up in the living room at my day care, but people don't use them much any more. I think if you were going to use them without the kids freaking out you would have to start using it when they were little babies. And none of us are smart enough to think of it then cuz we don't need them yet.
Note to self: put all future babies in small boxes from birth so they don't tear the house apart when they are 15 months. Yeah, right.
Peace out y'all.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    We are VERY excited to hit the climbing wall. That has been such a highlight of the gym n swim experience for Joss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home