River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Heaven
It was 65 today and we spent it almost entirely outside. Kids went outside right after breakfast. I cleaned up a little then took baby out to the backyard with them. Joss made ribbon/twine/stick things for the fairies in our yard who left a fairy ring and Zeff had me trace his outline with sidewalk chalk. I did two of him and one of Keian (who wasn't actually that into it). Zeff was so cute how we labeled one of his outlines Zeffy and he put hair and eyes and a smile and shoelaces on it. The other one he called the gooby monster and put long teeth and claws on it.
We then went in the front yard where the kids practiced on their bikes and Keian made friends with the cat statue next door and discovered blackbirds. We went for a long walk around the neighborhood and then went home for lunch.
After lunch, the big kids played outside while baby napped and I threw a roast and veggies in the crockpot and finished off cleaning the kitchen. I forgot how clean the house stays when the kids are outside! It still looks great at 10:30 tonight!
Then the kids and I went to the como zoo.
We got home at the same time as Ryan so he took the kids outside while I took a little 20 min power nap. We then had a great supper and went for a long family walk. The kids and baby all went to bed a full hour early and with no complaints! They were exhausted. Another successful day!
PS Jossy is getting to be a really good reader and read signs that said "Wolves will bite" and darn I forget what else. Also compared the height of the giraffe with mine and Ryan's and told me how much taller it is than us. Not exactly 3 pages of Calvert Math, but more than enough on the first 60+ day of the year!
PS A common theme through our homeschooling is our willingness to scrap any plans when the weather is unseasonably nice. I feel like it is God's little sign to me that he wants to teach us outside that day!
Peace

10 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That warmth was a treat, wasn't it? I broke something jump-roping with Maggie in the backyard until well after dark.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Like, you broke something in your yard or you broke your foot? It is easy to forget to pace ourselves in these first days of spring. My legs ache now from the two hour ramble around the neighborhood I just took with my kids + malcolm.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    broke some important cable in my leg. Its better now, though.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Glad your better!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey have a great day, I'll be back to see yours again too. :)

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Blog about new home based business idea. I also have a Blog/Website about new home based business idea which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

     
  • At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a anxiety meds site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great opportunity. Just push a button 4 times per day and make $1,000's per month within one year.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great opportunity. Just push a button 4 times per day and make $1,000's per month within one year.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home