River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Please Pray...
...for my friend Anne. She is going through one of the worst heartbreaks I can imagine.
...for my other friend Kate. Dealing with the loss of her mom and other horrible stressors.
...for me. I feel like the world is such a horrible, fuckedup place where awful things happen over and over.
I am very scared about my brother lately. I had a vision when I was giving Zeff a bath the other day. He looked exactly like my brother did when he was little (he doesn't really). I could just see my little brother sitting there and relived that feeling of him being my baby brother that I needed to watch over and look out for. I don't know what that means but I wore my flag shirt and jacket today to work as a good-luck charm to keep him safe.
I go along most of the time being a very positive, optimistic person. I usually believe that life is good and the world is good and everything happens for a reason. But then I hit a patch like this and I am really struggling. I know God has a plan but I just can't accept that right now.
One more prayer, please. Please pray that my brother Jon Lilja will stay safe and come home soon!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Elena LaVictoire said…

    I didn't know how to e-mail you either Katy, so I did a google and found you that way.

    Katy and Jennifer, no one is picking on Anne. Anne is a Catholic. She has been a very frequent visitor to my blog as I have been to hers and there has been a cyber friendship of sorts. All of the other Catholic women, Alicia, Theresa, Jane also feel terrible for what she has been told and what she is going through.

    Another tenant of the Catholic Faith however is to support each other, but it is also help each other from making wrong choices.

    Anne's choice is wrong. I backed that up on my blog with writings from the bishops, as has Alicia. And on some level Anne knows it is wrong because she knew there would be some controversy about it.

    And Jennifer, I do understand. I lost my precious baby boy at 23 weeks gestation (two weeks LATER than Anne's daughter) only two years ago. I do understand.

    Out of respect for Anne I did not make my comments on her blog, but I could not in good conscience be silent.

    As for your post on my blog Katy, I am not being judgemental. I am presenting the POV of what the church teaching because Anne is a Catholic and she needs to have this information before she makes a final decision, not after.

    You are welcome to come back and comment if you wish.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Um, just because there is contreversy doesn't mean that I'm wrong. I believe that those who disagree with me are looking at this from a different angle, that's all. But while I believe in listening to the magesterium, nothing has been said ex-cathedra (infallably) on the issue. And let's face it, while I love the RC chuch deeply, the popular way hasn't always been correct. Anyone remember selling indulgences, the inquisition, or malleus malifacarum (the hammer of the witches, got a lot of women killed).

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Elena LaVictoire said…

    Anne, you now sound like the dissident liberal Catholics I debate all the time on contraception and abortion!! I'm really disappointed.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elena, however 'disappointed' you are with Anne's decision I can almost guarantee you aren't as disappointed as Anne herself- who has a terminally ill baby in her womb. I am VERY disappointed that you do not have the Christian compassion to LEAVE HER ALONE. You will not change her mind, you will only make her feel bad. Stop imposing your ideas on someone who has politely requested you not to. I honestly with all my heart as a Christian think Christ is ashamed of your behaviour.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry, my name is jenny, my email is janie_and_stef@hotmail.com - i didn't mean to look anonymous

     

Post a Comment

<< Home