River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Friday, March 11, 2005

We had such a nice morning at the Science Museum. Checked out the Chinasaurs again. The volunteers were just awesome today and spent a lot of time chatting with the kids about dinos. They are both becoming very expert on the subject and Joss thinks she may be a paleontologist as her "first job". She compared it to how I used to work at Burger King and a coffee shop before I started working at my hospital.
Zeff and I had a nice PM while J was at Spanish. We browsed through back issues of National Geographic and cut out cool pix and talked about light and leopards.
Then I folded clothes while I listened to classical music and the baby napped. aaahh.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She should become a zen master as her first job. I think a lot of people would want to achieve that state of conciousness where a job at Burger King and a job as a paleontologist are about equal.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger KatyM said…

    She should, but I wonder if she will grow less qualified as time passes. Maybe she should start working on her resume now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home