River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Darn, I haven't blogged in forever. Life has been busy. We are settling into a nice routine. Monday is quiet, we are doing more than 1 full Calvert lesson on Mondays. Tuesday is busy Joss has ceramics in the morning, while Zeff, Keian and I do the grocery shopping. After ceramics we all go to the library. We will also be starting a gym class in the PM, so this will be our no Calvert School day. Wednesday is preschool co-op and church in the evening, Thursday is playgroup and mama work in the evening. It is a challenge to get school done between playgroup and work so daddy ends up supervising some assignments. Fridays are quiet and we catch up on school and enjoy playtime. The kids often visit grandparents on weekends so we may be getting one or both older kids ready for a visit.
Yesterday morning (Monday) was very nice. We got well over a full Calvert lesson done, including the Arts and Craft activity (making paper flowers) that tied in with our story (Ferdinand the Bull). Joss and Zeff delivered flowers to our next door neighbors alone (I watched out the window like a hawk) and were very proud of themselves. It was so precious that I was literally crying as they held hands and carried themselves with such importance.
We then went to my folks and I left the baby with my mom while my dad and I took the big kids sledding. What a blast!! I finally got to sled!!! Zeff and I did one really memorable wipeout that I am still sore from, but the kids slept good last night!
Today was busy and nice. We followed our regular Tuesday AM routine and Jossy received a compliment on her art ability from her ceramics instructor (I was soo proud). We then went for a two hour walk to the coffeshop and our local playground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home