River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Monday, February 23, 2004

Wow, what a great day so far. Usual slow Monday start (worked last night) but kids' behavior today has been fab! I am probably asking for it, writing that in black and white, but it's been so nice! Joss entertained the baby for 1/2 hr while I got dressed, picked up kitchen, etc. then Zeff "read" me two stories. Now they are making a play (that's what they call it) by draping blankets all over the bunk beds. They are cooperating and working together. Zeff came out and asked for a blanket "please" and when I gave him one said "Thank you very much!" (extra polite!) Oh! I have tears in my eyes! I just overheard this little conversation, as I sit at the computer in the living room and they are working away in their room.
Zeff: Jossy, you my friend.
Joss: Your my friend, too.
Zeff: I love you.
Joss: I love you too.
Simple, but unprompted by an adult and soo sweet. Gotta run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home