River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Friday, April 09, 2004

Wow, it's been a bit since I posted! I worked last wknd and just worked last eve as well. We decided this year to dole out our spring break days when the weather or circumstances really justified it, rather than just taking a whole week off as in PS. That worked out really well this week as we had great weather at the beginning of the week so I just let the kids spend the whole day outside. Yesterday and today we had neat outings planned so we did those instead. Yesterday we went to the nature center with our support group and walked around and through the marsh (we have done this before as a family and I think I blogged about it recently). It was really nice weather and we saw lots of ducks, geese and again a couple muskrats. We were within 10 feet of one muskrat and most of the kids got to see it.
Today we went to the Children's Museum with my good friend and her kids. I adored my membership today as we all got in free. The older kids spent about two hours in one room while my friend took our babies to the young toddler room. It sounds like the babies had fun and the older kids definitely had a blast. I was inwardly frustrated that Joss chose to spend the bulk of her time drawing and writing with crayons which we could totally do at home but didn't say anything about it. She did do some LA on the fly when I had her copy "Clifford" and spell "The Big Red Dog" all on her own. After the kids were done in that room we herded them downstairs for snack and left. I brought our snack so we had a really fun outing for us and our total of five kids for the price of parking ($3)! Awesome!
And Best Of ALL!!! My Little Brother is in town for one last weekend b4 he ships out for Afghanistan! I can't wait to see him and we have mostly kept the secret from the kids as he wants to surprise them. They should be socked although Joss either has ESP or has picked up on our "private" conversations because she said "I had a dream that Uncle Jon came home while I was still 5, but I thought he wasn't going to come home till I am 7"
Well, I should get off the computer. Happy Easter to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home