River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Why my husband rocks...
He took the kids to the children's museum yesterday while I went to work.
Today he took the big kids to a play at the children's theatre and than made sugar cookies with them in the evening.
He changes 95% of the diapers when he is home.
He has chosen a career that despite some drawbacks allows him to be with his kids quite alot.
He let me sleep till 1pm today (got home at 4am).
He is going to see Subhumans at First Ave this week, but he checked the calendar FIRST to make sure I wasn't working that night.
Our 10 year anniversary of co-habitation is on Halloween. We've both grown and changed alot (We were 17 and 22 back then!) but remained best friends. I think if you would have told our grunge-dressing, Grateful Dead and Phish-listening, Uptown dwelling, coffeeshop working selves back then that we would one day be married with a house and yard and homeschooling 3 kids we could never have believed it. I am so a million times happier now.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    A good man is hard to find! I'm so glad you have Ryan. And the world is at least 3x better because of it.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Dy said…

    Happy Anniversary! I love hearing about guys who rock- there's just nothing like loving, trusting, and adoring the man who shares life with you. Hope you have another happy ten!

    Dy

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Thanks so much! It is also very good that I got all that down in black and white because sometimes I need reminding!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home