River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Monday, October 04, 2004

We had a great weekend. Saturday was busy, Uncle Jon came over and went to tumbling with Zeff and Ryan. I took baby and Joss to ballet, then came home and raced to work.
Sunday I was lucky enough to get cancelled and the weather was gorgeous!! Unexpectedly my sister in law and her kids were able to come spend the day with us. We played at home and took the kids to the community garden to run and play. They ran through the gardens and climbed trees and we took pictures of them.
We then had supper and my mother and stepfather in law and grandma came over. Our house was full to the rafters and the noise level was incredible! A good time was had by all though, and I got to show my inlaws some of our curriculum and talk about our homeschooling philosophy with them. They have never approved of the hs'ing but seem to be opening their minds and seeing Joss progress and grow so well helps, too.
Today has been lovely. Ry took Z to park n rec this AM and J and I finished all our leftover school from last week. We skipped two science lessons and never received our math books till Friday PM so we did the science and 2 math lessons.
While she was on break from her lessons she requested I play her kindermusik CD. I did and she danced with Keian and Ryan and I danced. Ryan was getting a late start at work and just happened to be home at 11 which is not the usual. It was really fun.
After we got Zeff we went and climbed on the big copper bunny that is at the corner of M'haha parkway and Portland Avenue. The kids have always wanted to do that but we never seemed to have time, or think of it when we did have time. They were excited and had a great time!
We came home and did art and had lunch. After baby woke up we went for a walk around our neighborhood where we paid close attention to the different shapes of leaves we found.
Now I have chili simmering on the stove, and am taking a little computer break.
Aaaahhhh <-sigh of contentment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home