River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Cute story from yesterday:
I got Zeff helping me with the cleaning by telling him all the dirty laundry was "bad slugs" and he was spiderman and had to throw them in the "dungeon" (basement). Well he loved it and threw the bad slugs with much gusto for about 10 minutes. Then my little lovey boy discovered a "baby slug" (one of dad's rolled up stinky socks!) and the game was over. He was very distressed when I suggest baby slug should go downstairs and instead insisted that it was a baby who lost its mama and he was going to be its mama. Oh well, he got most of the laundry downstairs before he adopted the baby slug. Baby slug also kept him busy for the next half hour (he is so nurturing) while I finished up with cleaning so that was fine!
I also forgot to mention that after our library run yesterday we went to the creek so Zeff could see his favorite type of tree (weeping willow) up close. There was a couple really majestic ones with branches hanging all the way to the ground that the kids played house in for quite a while.
Peace out, gotta keep working on the house as I am having an Usborne books party this week.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Spryte said…

    What a sweet boy, Katy. I think now that I even love baby slug. (btw- very clever!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home