River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

QUIT HAVING SEX!
Can someone tell me what the heck happened nine months ago???? We have been slammed at work for the last three days in a row. We can hardly find rooms for all the patients. I was in the nursery last night and in a momentary lapse of sanity agreed to stay four hours extra. I got floated to L&D and proceeded to get my butt kicked!I recovered two moms and babies and cared for a fresh C-section! I didn't get out of there till 4 in the AM and had to come back at 3PM today!
Today I walked into the nursery and almost turned around and walked out. There were three babies under bili-lites. They alone would be almost be a full assignment in the Special Care nursery. In addition I had two babies in warmers including one who did NOT BELONG in our nursery. She was 1/2 a set of twins and appeared to possibly have Down's. She had no tone (Instead of holding her arms and legs flexed she was laid out and floppy) and could not maintain her O2 sats unless I blasted her in the face with blow-by O2 at 5liters. Fortunately my charge nurse was able to call another nurse in to help me in the nursery for the rest of the night so it was okay, but still very busy. I NEVER could have done it on my own.
So, please everyone, quit having sex, cuz I am tired. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    I just realized. It was Valentine's Day 9 months ago. How about just getting each other some chocolate next year.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Sorry, Katy. I promise not to deliver at your hospital. :-) And you haven't posted since the 14th! Come on, girl, get a move on! :-)

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Well, Anne, actually you are the kind of patient I really enjoy. Self-sufficient fourth time moms are my fave! :) But I think you need to hit refresh or something cuz I posted a couple days ago, and I got a comment on one recent one about hemorrhoids!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home