River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Highlights of today:
J reading Green Eggs and Ham to Z. I never even suggested it, she just did it because she wanted to.
Taking a walk in the bright, shiny, crisp, cold day. We went to the local garden store to smell their Christmas trees and were given small branches to take home. Sang Christmas Carols on the way home. I do not know any of the words to any carols past the first verse. Will have to (gag) listen to the Christmas song station more often. Still, not bad for a mom fighting SAD, who hates Christmas!
Regarding Seasonal Affective Disorder. I do think I get this each year at a very sub-clinical level, but wonder if everybody does. Isn't it a fairly natural response to more darkness and harsher weather? Maybe even adaptive in caveman days - no desire to go out and burn calories at a time of year where calories may have been hard to come by?
Whatever, I actually got the whole living room clean and vacuumed, and the kitchen cleaned and swept this morning so I am doing okay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home