River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Wow! We have been really busy lately.
Joss was in a performance of the Nutcracker. It was such a great production! I only went to see my little girl dance, but ended up being completely caught up in the beauty of the ballet. She did wonderfully and is completely starstruck and certain she wants to be a ballerina and take ballet lessons next year instead of gymnastics as planned. :) We'll see.
She also went to a different performance by the same company with her grandma (Ryan's mom) who also took her out to eat and to the Red Balloon bookstore for stories beforehand. What a lucky girl!
I am doing much better this year at enjoying Christmas and not freaking out. We don't have any of the major things going against us this year that we have had in the past - (new baby=0$, me in nursing school=0$, me working full-time=0time). It is nice for the kids too.
We did have one minor emergency that freaked me out. Our computer apparently died, but my genius husband was able to discern that is was just the monitor and called Gateway to send us a replacement. Unfortunately they couldn't get it to us till after Xmas and I needed the puter to finish up presents so he went to Savers and bought an old HP monitor for $5! I love that man.
We are having neighbor kids over tomorrow. I got a bunch of craft supplies that I am going to let them loose on. My cousin and I are going to get together on Wednesday and do the massive Xmas cookie bake-off. That is always sooo much fun, esp since we are doing it at her house this year!
Merry Christmas, everybody! Peace to all!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tim here, I am sorry we missed that performance. I was looking forward to it. good find on the monitor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home