River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I've been tagged...

3 names I go by: Katy, Kate, Katelyn

3 Screenames I've had: hucster63, katynurse, kmiller14

3 Physical Things I like about myself: My hair, my figure now that I've lost all the pre-babies weight, my hands.

3 Parts of my heritage: German, Irish, Polish

3 Things I'm wearing right now: Birkenstock clogs, scrub pants I actually paid for and my nursing assistant scrub shirt from when I was 16 (I just got off work and it is past laundry day)

3 favorite bands/musical artist: Eminem, Dr. Dre and everything that came from him and his label (which would include Eminem), Violent Femmes

3 Favorite songs: No Rain (Blind Melon), Stairway to Heaven (led zep), Blister in the Sun (Violent Femmes)

3 Things I want in a relationship: respect, sense of humor, common values

3 Physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to me: smile, eyes, arms (my honey has VERY nice arms)

3 Favorite Hobbies: Gardening, Biking, being outside

3 Things I want to do badly right now: Fire all nurses at my work that do not truly support breastfeeding (yeah, I did have a frustrating day today), sleep till I wake up because I had enough sleep, not because the kids are awake. Have a glass of really good white wine.

3 Things that scare me: ticks, hemmorrhaging (my patients or me), the unfairness of life

3 of my everyday essentials: caffeine, internet, being around my kids.

3 careers you have considered or are considering: Midwifery, no longer want to do it but used to want to, Lactation consultant, writer

3 Places you want to go on vacation: Netherlands, Spain, Australia

3 Kids names you like: Zubeyda, Xander, Saffron (no, I don't think I am allowed to use any of them)

3 Things you want to do before you die: Travel to Europe, live a long, healthy life, see my kids grow to be happy, responsible adults.

3 Ways I'm stereotypically a girl: Love babies, like to giggle with my best friend/cousin, will endure physical pain to avoid hurting someone's feelings (really, I had a horrible massage the other day and I never told the massage therapist that it hurt, cuz I didn't want to make her feel bad).

3 Ways I'm stereotypically a boy: N/A (But I kinda have some: nothing grosses me out, don't wear jewelry or makeup cuz don't see the point)

3 Celebrity crushes: Luka on ER, River Pheonix before he died, Angelina Jolie, sorry but she is hot and I LIKE her lips.

I tag KateW, Tenniel and Marianne who will have to answer in my comments because she doesn't have a blog yet, although she needs one!

PS I know that Kate, Tenn and Marianne all prob think this is kinda silly, but I think that is even more reason why they should do it!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Katy, Your silliness inspires me, and I love that about you! I also REALLY needed a dose of it today, so thanks. I will take the challenge.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Yay! It's so hard for me to think of people to tag who wont think I'm stupid! :-)

    I LOVE your favorite songs! And your bands/musical artists.

    I totally thought of more celebrity crushes after I'd done mine. Alan Rickman (I DON'T KNOW WHY), and Patrick Dempsey (who's TOTALLY hot now and a doctor on that Grey's Anatomy show). I totally agree about Luka. He could just talk to me for a while and I'd melt from that sexy accent of his.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    but if you fired ALL the nurses who don't support the bf'ing, it would eliminate all of my fave work pals, excluding you of course

    catie

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Hi Catie!
    Hmmmm... I will have to weigh that carefully.
    Catie's enjoyment of her job vs. the future health of the babies.
    I'll have to get back to you on that!

    :)
    Katy

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was surfing through a few blogs and came across yours and wanted to say very nice job on the content, so I have bookmarked your site for future reference.

    Just in case you are interested I have a gardening shade
    site. It pretty much covers gardening shade related stuff.

    Stop by sometime :=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home