River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

4th Post in One Day!
Answers to my interview questions as posed by Anne Basso
Rules to the interview game posted below

1) What is the most romantic thing your husband has ever done for you?
Hmmm, he bought me a diamond ring once, but I made him take it back. When we were young and dirt poor and living in a crappy apartment in the 'hood he sold his bike, his only means of transportation to buy me a birthday present for my 18th birthday. He also sold his Pink Floyd The Wall CD so we could buy food another time in that same era. He's a good guy. And were we ever broke!

2) If you could buy any one thing without worrying about cost, what would it be?
A big fat gorgeous RV to travel the US in with the kids.

3) What is the one thing you haven't done, but you hope to before you die?
Visit Europe.

4) If you could be another person for a day, who would you be?
Darn, I just like my life. I really can't think of anyone else except maybe my oldest. I think she's got it going on. Except she has TWO little brothers. But she gets more enjoyment out of life than anyone I know. Keian too, but it is too frustrating to be a toddler.

5) What is the one thing that you wished people knew about you, but don't?
How could anyone not know any detail of my life? I share way too much! Some people may not know enough of my struggles (running away, drug and alcohol abuse, living on the street, etc) to realize how goddamn lucky I am to be alive much less the happy, healthy, blessed and successful person that I am now.

The way the interview game works is if you want to be interviewed just comment and I will think of 5 questions for you. Answer them on your blog and the fun continues. Kinda like a chain letter but you get to talk about yourself, something I always love!
Peace out yall.

10 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    I love that the ghetto rapper comes out in you at the end of your post. :-)

    Word to yu mutha!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    hit me! but be gentle.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, I'm ready to be interviewed. What a great exercise.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger millennium hippies said…

    fire away!...(she says slightly nervously...)

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Kate:
    1) What is your ideal vacation?
    2) What is your favorite childhood memory?
    3) What is the sweetest thing Tim ever did for you?
    4) Is there a certain event or time period that you would most want to relive with your mom?
    5) If you could pursue any career, (pretend things like $,time, kids wouldn't stand in your way) what would it be?

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Tim:
    1) Describe your perfect meal.
    2) What was the first thing you noticed about Kate?
    3) Would you ever want to work in the medical field? (I ask because of the medblog links on your blog)
    4) What do you miss most from pre-kid days?
    5) Cat person or dog person?

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    Millenium Hippies,
    Sorry, I am tired and am going to start recycling questions.
    1st ? and feel free to pass if too personal but I have checked out your blog and was curious how you came to be a single mom? Was it by choice or by circumstance? I think it is so admirable that you found a way to work from home and be with your kids.
    2) Where would you most like to visit in the world and why?
    3) Describe your ideal meal.
    4) Did your own school experiences play into your choice to homeschool? How?
    5) What would be your ideal career?

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I posted mine.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger millennium hippies said…

    Okay my answers are posted! Thanks, that was fun!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Tenniel said…

    Katy,

    You have and continue to do amazing things with your life! OK got any questions for me?

    Tenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home