River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Note to self...
When you call the Y to sign up for a class and they tell you there is a Yoga class at 11:15, ASK IF IT IS LEVEL 1 or 2!!!!!
Because level 1 is challenging and I can almost keep up. Level 2 was insane. I hurt all over. But I am kind of proud. And the pain reminded me to work it into conversation frequently (the real reason I work out) so that was good.
I worked in the nursery tonight. The big excitement of the night was that we were expecting a baby to be born to a mother that has Hansen's disease (otherwise known as leperosy) and the meds she was on were supposed to cause the baby to be blue-colored at blue. Not blue as in hypoxic but just colored blue. I was happy for the family but disappointed for myself that the baby was perfectly beautiful with very nice coloring. (It was an exceptionally gorgeous baby in fact.)
Other than being busy and at full capacity it was a nice night. I have been getting very wimpy about going to sections ever since I had that icky one. So I forced myself tonight, and it went fine.
I also started the night using my way gorgeous cardiac littman (way nice stethoscope) that my bro gave me but decided it was wasted on the babies and put it away. I have a feeling that all of my adult patients are getting full lung and heart sound assessments for the next several weeks. (We often don't on healthy postpartum pts) I totally can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home