River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

I am sitting here with a fussy, wakeful, stuffy nose baby reflecting on my 2nd shift back at work since his birth. I will avoid the urge to share how tired I am and how little I'm sleeping, but I am going to take a quick moment to rant about the nursing shortage! It is just not fair to have 12 patients when you are supposed to have 8! It is exhausting, and frustrating and although I never felt the situation was unsafe I did have to stay late for 1 1/2 hours charting since I never had a second to do it the whole shift. I am feeling very negative at the moment about hs'ing and working. We got so little done today, and tomorrow doesn't promise to be any better.
It doesn't help either that dh thought he ran out of breastmilk tonight, so he gave the baby formula (I never wanted that icky stuff to pass his lips). Do I have the baby blues if I almost started crying when I saw the overlooked bottle of mama milk in the fridge?
Well, since the homeschooling blog is degenerating into a whining blog I will sign off. And since it's almost 4am and baby just fell asleep in the sling I don't foresee a very promising report for tomorrow either! I do however, foresee (am I spelling that wrong?) many videos in our immediate future!
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home