River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Highlights of the day:
#1 Filled my tank at 11:45am for 1.79 a gallon, drove by six and a half hours later and it was 1.95!!!! I won!! for the moment I suppose.
#2 $20 off grocery bill in coupons. Kind of inflated by one of those big coupons that only make things cost what they OUGHT to cost. Still, good.
#3 Ryan offers Zeff a taco. Zeff says "No, actually broccoli." Ryan, "Really?" Zeff "Just kidding!" (He's just three so it was really cute, he's just starting to tell jokes.)
#4 Joss decorating her arm with the bright colored bandages that the phlebotomist gave me to give my kids when I donated blood. "Look dad, I'm a give-blood-er!"
#5 Nice walk this AM with Z, pet two cats, saw one cardinal, said hi to one 3yo and mom, put baby to sleep. Aaaahhh!
#6 Last day of Gym n Swim and Joss got an adorable report card from her swimming instructor. It talks about how brave she is. How she should keep working on kicking her legs and getting her face wet. She got full marks for two of the sixteen categories: listening to instructors and displaying YMCA values, respect, honesty, something, something. "Needs to work on" and a couple "almost mastered" for the rest. I am so proud and so is she. I'll never tell her she failed Polliwogs. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home