River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Arts n Crafts with the Neighbors
We had such a nice day today. My neighbor's 7 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl and 2.75 yr old boy came over. The kids played great together. I actually had quite a lot of crafts planned and they went really well. I bought or had on hand: red, green and white doilies, white marabou feathers, sparkly pipe cleaners, white puffy chenille pipe cleaners, gold, silber and iridescent glitter, paint, sponge cut into a christmas tree, star, candy cane, gingerbread, circle, triangle and square. Also construction paper, glue, wooden clothespins and all our lace and yarn, etc that is always around.
We made christmas cards and angel ornaments. They were absolutely beautiful. My angel was the most beautiful though. :) The kids did a great job sticking to their projects for about 45" at a time. I had Christmas music on and the three oldest kids were singing along. It was so sweet. They also had a dance party and listened while I read Stranger in the Woods.
Nice Christmas season so far!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via apparel. Although I was looking for apparel I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home