River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Today was wonderful. Ryan stayed home with the boys (Zeff has a moderately severe cold and baby just likes to run) while I took Joss to a nursing home to Christmas Carol with her homeschool group. After we sang, Joss handed out three Christmas cards that she had made for the residents. Before we left, one of the moms handed out the most incredible cookies I have ever had! It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to including the boys next year.
Unfortunately, not long after we got home, I had a call from my grandma that her health problem is not resolving, so we all loaded up in the van and Ryan dropped me off with grandma and took the kids shopping by himself. I went with grandma to her clinic, where, thankfully we realized her problem is not too bad, though we need to keep a close eye on things. When we returned to her house, I called Ryan and he met up with us.
We had all gotten each other an extra Christmas present, above what we were exchanging with the rest of the family, so we did our exchange right then and there. We got our grandma a new lamp post for her front yard and she got Ryan a new drill and for me: a one hour massage and facial at a REAL spa!!! I have had one facial and massage at a beauty school before, but this is the big time!!! It was way too sweet of her.
Then back out for more shopping! The kids and I picked out a nice sweater for Ryan while he was off on his own getting scooters for the big kids. The plus side of having hardly any snow is that they will be able to try them out right away.
Well, that's it for me. I work (gag puke) days tomorrow then Xmas at my m-i-l's. If I am not too tired I want to take J to midnight mass at the cathedral, but since I am working 7a-3:30pm I am not too optimistic. The Xmas day AM at home with the fam, then I work 3-11:30pm. Triple time, baby! Ryan might then take the kids to his dad's, but at this point I kind of doubt it.
Peace! Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Oh, Katy, I'm so jealous! Maybe I can do that someday... :-)

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home