River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Reason #237 why homeschooling is great.
On the super snowy and cold days where public school is cancelled we are able to continue our studies. We therefore feel justified in taking off when it is, for example 40+ and sunny on February 3rd. No school today, though we laid on the sidewalk to examine frost crystals and Joss figured out for herself (with guidance) why it was frosty in the shade and wet in the sunny areas. We also examined our stroller tracks in the snow and observed that the crushed crystals are what caused that area to be "darker" white. Also saw steam rising from a wood retaining wall and talked about that.
J figured out what her and Zeff could get at the corner store with the money she brought. She did a good job with the figuring out part, it was the deciding what exactly to get that took FOREVER!
She also read several signs, etc. so despite not "doing school" I feel like we got plenty done, in light of the weather!
Baby loves to go on walks and wave and yell at all the people and dogs he sees. Today he said "Hewwo" (hello) for the first time (he has said hi and bye bye since before he was one)
He is sleeping now but I am so beat from Hell night at work last night and worrying about R that I cannot move my butt. We still don't know about R's results, prob won't till tomorrow, so we would appreciate prayers. I can't see how I'm going to get through 24 more hours without some kind of answers but I guess I just need to get busy.
Anyway, I should go. Hope everyone is enjoying this awesome gorgeous beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home