River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Good Night At Work
Wow! I don't know the last time that happened. I liked and enjoyed all my patients.
I had one really cute young married couple who were so thrilled with their baby and so determined to make breastfeeding work. They soaked up all the advice I had to share and even took my picture. The thing I loved about this mom is she really GOT how important breastfeeding is, and understood that even if it isn't easy right from the start, that it is something that you just stick with and work on until it comes together. She was so great, I can't wait for them to have another baby with us.
Also had an awesome married multip who hardly needed anything all. Gotta love having one or two of those in the mix.
One young single mom of a 24 weeker had been having a really rough stay and had been labelled "high needs". I really connected with her and spent about 45 minutes just listening to her. She recounted her entire course, starting with when she presented for care at a different hospital and the poor gal really had a rough ride. I actually almost cried when she told me how scared she had been at several points and afraid her baby would die. I asked for and received permission to pray for her and her baby. She has a little girl in the NICU and I know that if anyone who reads this felt moved to pray for them as well, that she would appreciate it.
Well, I better get going. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home