River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Playdate & Camping Prep
The kids and I met a homeschooling family from our neighborhood at the last Classroom for a Day event that the Three Rivers Park District puts on. We thought it was a little ironic that we drove 30+ miles to Victoria, MN to meet a family who lives 6 blocks from us but we are glad to have found them.
We had great fun with the 5 and 7 yr old boys and their 4 guinea pigs! They are an unschooling family that doesn't watch any TV and it was neat to see someone really living that kind of a life. It is kind of my idealistic, romantic notion of what I would like to be doing, but don't feel able to for a variety of reasons.
The kids played very well together and now we are home and the baby is napping and I should be off the computer and getting ready for our camping trip!!!!! I am stressed/excited/anxious about the packing aspect of it at this point but I think it will be really fun once we are on our way. Joss is about to drive me over the edge because she is so excited that she never SHUTS UP about it! I am glad she is happy, really, but it is all she EVER, EVER talks about. It has spawned many relevant writing assignments, though! She also has a diary that she is looking forward to using to record her trip. You can tell it isn't real to Zeff though, because the only thing he mentions looking forward to is the M&Ms he spotted in the camping goody bag. And he mentions those at least 30 times a day!
Uh-oh, much sadness. Gotta go!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Shirt information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home