River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Boxing
I had the awesome experience of attending the intro boxing class at Uppercut Gym in Notheast Minneapolis.
I went with a good friend who had done it before and it was one of the best times I have had in a while. I learned so much about how to hit and how to move my body to hit really hard. I am pretty much a meek person and have never punched another person for real so it was really exhilirating to suddenly know how to punch REALLY hard and get to do it over and over. I got home and made the mistake of showing the kids what I learned so we had many discussions of SAFE ways to practice boxing!
Also dyed the front of J's hair hot pink last night. She looks so cute. It makes her normally pretty blue eyes just sparkle and look twice as blue. I might do the back turquoise as I have lots of that left. I am such a cool mom I cannot even stand it.
Aaack, my punching muscles are so sore and tired I literally cannot type anymore!
Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home