River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Does it say anything about my current obsession that I am googling "homesteading" "raising chickens" and now know which hatchery I will order my day old chicks from and that they will be 6 Americauna pullets and 6 straight run Rhode Island Reds.
We are going to look at a few more properties in WI next Sunday. One is very much looking like The House of Our Dreams, but of course might totally not be, when we get out there and see it. We have pretty much settled on a general area where I should be able to commute back and forth to work at my current job if I want to, but would have some slightly closer options as well.
On the homeschooling front, things are going well. Joss is involved in an awesome theatre class that has really motivated her to work on her handwriting and spelling. She has been hard at work on a script about three girls who go into a jungle and bring home the monkey king and hide him in their room despite being grounded and in trouble with their mom.
I had some plans to do a little more seatwork with Zeff but we have just only been working on ATTITUDE the past few weeks. Sigh, today was better so maybe we are turning a corner. He is talking about and using lots of numbers and today referred to someone being as old as "the end of numbers, like thirty," I guess that's as high as he can really think about or at least had the word for at that moment.
He says lots of priceless four year old logical kind of things. Today, he said something that I found funny but I understand if others find it disturbing
"When we have bunny for supper in The Country we better not eat MY rabbit!"
Keian is speaking 100% English now with a few Keianish words thrown in that the rest of the family use regularly in our conversations too. Examples:: "Shee-bee" = book or story, "She-shoh" = truck. He uses his big brother and sisters names a lot now and often repeats the last words or phrase that they say with comical results.
Well that is my unedited post for now. Please forgive unclear thoughts and misspellings, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home