River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Monday, May 10, 2004

Well, it has sure been a while since I blogged. Since it is nice we are spending 3-4+ hours a day outside which helps keep me off the computer! Unfortunately, I have a hard time remembering to do the housework if it isn't staring at me so I have gotten really behind on all that, too! I have also been working a ton and odd hours too. I worked Thursday 3p-3a and Saturday 7p-7a. The all night shift was soooo hard on my body. I slept for about six hours Sunday. Ryan did his best to keep the kids out of my room, but there are three of them and one of him and they are just not accustomed to having me home but unavailable like that! Sooo... at four I gave up on sleep and got up but developed a horrible headache and had to lay down at eight, I got back up after it got slightly better but took all the kids in my bed and crashed when Ryan took the dog for a walk at ten.
Wow, fascinating, a whole chapter about my lack of sleep - it's true, I think alot of moms are a little obsessed with how much sleep we aren't getting.
Cute baby moment. Keian is getting too interested in the world to just crash when he's tired. He had a bath and then watched us play outside all afternoon. When we came inside I set him on the floor with a teething biscuit. Five minutes later I looked at him and saw him teetering back and forth with his eyes 3/4 shut. I laid him in his car seat and he gave one halfhearted cry and promptly fell asleep.
HS-wise, we are zooming through Calvert, I tweak the lessons to make them harder and skip the review. We are doing two lessons quite easily some days but have also skipped a few days of school lately for various reasons. We are playing around with the cuisenaire rods but I have decided to save the workbooks for Zeff and just use the activity guide to supp J's current math. Joss also started her 1st and 2nd grade Reader Rabbit CD-rom today and is doing surprisingly well. Reading is coming very easily for her I think. I also think Zeff is getting some sort of rudimentary foundations in it too from watching her play games and being read to by her. Well, I better figure out what we are having for supper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home