River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Well, I am very happy to say that I worked in the nursery this evening and it did not suck! It was busy but we were well staffed which makes all the difference in the world. I also did not have to go to a C-section, the only one on my shift was for a 30 weeker, so NICU attends those births. I did have a Hepatitis B+ baby (more work, three shots to give, have to bathe and do VS every thirty minutes) that was supposed to be born at the beginning of the shift but ended up not being born till 2312 and my shift ended at 2330 so I didn't have to do much with it. So I pretty well lucked out in my first night in there. I also forgot to mention that I make $1 more an hour when I work nursery. It is SO NOT WORTH IT!
Took Joss to a nature class about raptors today. Took Z and K to the playground while she was at class and had a very nice time together. Z hasn't been to the playground since J broke her arm, and he really enjoyed himself. Even K did as he is getting very agile about climbing and had a great time climbing the stairs on some of the equipment.
Well, I have to get out of my bad habit of staying up late after work, so good night!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It warms my heart to find another site dedicated to the hobby of water gardening.

    I have my own site for water gardening and enjoy sharing information that I find relevant to water gardening, such as goldfish pond care


    Perhaps we can do a link exchange.

    Thanks,
    Thomas Holley
    Water-Garden-Directory.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home