River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Well, Jossy got her arm casted (purple, thank you very much) and I got my opinion of orthopedic surgeons being the biggest @$$holes in the world reconfirmed, yet again. The second meanest doc I ever worked with was an ortho, and I saw one when I was 19 or so who was just rude. This guy was such a jerk, though.
He kept interrupting my questions and acted like they were dumb (they totally weren't). He also kept staring at my tattoo and the other things in that general vicinity (think chest area) while discussing her x-rays. At one point he asked, "So, how did this happen?" and then turned and left the room before I could answer.
We have to go back in two weeks for more x-rays. I am considering asking to see a different doctor. On the other hand, I've never met an ortho who is much less offensive than this jerk, maybe I should stick with the devil I know? I can always wear a turtle neck, I even talked to Ryan about taking J instead, but we like to have me (the RN) go to doctor appointments. Otherwise, I pester Ryan with questions he doesn't know the answer to.
Anyway, I need to take a bath and go to bed so that's it from me.
PS - My apologies to any nice orthopedic surgeons that may exist. I'm sure you're out there somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home