River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

It is so unfair that when I actually do get time to sit an catch up on my blogging that my posts disappear. I just posted about how relieved I am to have ordered Calvert. I know the kids learn without being taught - I know I probably could pull it together on my own for cheaper, but it makes me feel safe! I tend to continue to hand out worksheets, encourage the kids to measure, count, classify everything continuously when I am devising the curriculum cuz I am just not sure how much is ENOUGH? With Calvert we do it till its done then we stop. It may sound expensive, but being able to sleep at night without wondering if I am totally forgetting something (like the dreams I had when I was pregnant that I would forget to feed the baby)is worth some money in my book.
Life is good these days, though very busy - I have been working some extra still and the extracurricular activities are in full swing. I overcommitted us a little bit, again!! I have such a hard time choosing from all the great and worthwhile programs out there, and now that Zeff is old enough to have park n rec classes it is worse! Well, I had an evil shift at work, so I need to go park my butt on the couch and try to leave it behind me.
Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home