River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Wow, I guess I haven't posted in quite a while. I have been working more, in general, trying to get comfortable in the nursery and making a little extra $ for homeschool stuff. Feeling quite guilty and like a terrible homeschooling mom that I am not certain if I will be able to order 1st grade this Friday when I get paid or not. I am almost okay with doing the payment plan, though I had really hoped to avoid it. Even with only having to put 20% down, I am still stretched tight with all the extracurriculars that I am signing the kids up for. It's funny how I know they don't NEED those things, but I have this big fear that I will forget to sign up for anything and we will have NOTHING to do. It is so ridiculous that I would think that as there are tons of things that we never even get around to doing, but as we embark on our second year of homeschooling I detect the makings of a yearly pattern to this.
For the first time I am planning to enroll Z in a pre-school, park -n- rec type class. I am not looking for a three hour three morning a week pre-SCHOOL type thing. More of a 1-2 hour class with some practice listening to an adult besides mom and doing things with kids his own age. I have some good leads to call on tomorrow. I am hoping for tumbling for the first half of the fall and art for the second half for him. I actually have two notebook pages full of places to call for extracurric's for both kids!!!
I also am seeing that when Keian and ?babyofthefuture? are big that no one will be in the three classes a week that Joss is in, unless many of them are combined (more than one kid driven to the same place at the same time) but I don't see that as a reason not to do what we are able to $ and time wise at this point. I figure being the eldest has its plusses and minuses. I won't intentionally avoid one of the plusses (more time, attention,classes, etc), since I probably can't avoid any of the minusses (guinea pig homeschooled child, among others probably).
Well, enough of my late night ramblings. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home