River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Well, I had written this whole post about how I have decided to listen to my mom, the teacher with 30 yrs experience and go with Calvert 1. Then my smart little baby taught himself how to turn the computer off. Goodbye post! I do keep going back and forth, even since I have made that decision, but I think it is probably wise to stick with Calvert. I will be experimenting with pulling my own thing together next week and we will see how it goes. We will be using Starfall for reading, Learningpage.com printouts for handwriting. Learning page resources for Science along with our many science books and field trips. No plans for history or art, but she is in a park n rec art class with her cousin once a week. Also want to incorporate Rosetta Stone Spanish at some point as I think I can get it free through a local library but we'll see.
Anyway, I just got home from a truly horrendous shift in the nursery. It is sort of a strange feeling to report off to the nurse who took care of me after babies 1 and 3. She was very nice even though I left her a mess. The other nurses were nice, but they all got crappy assignments, unfortunately some crappier than others cuz I was soooo busy while I tried to make assignments. Anyway, I found out that I actually get $2 more an hour when I work in the nursery, but again - SO NOT WORTH IT! Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home