River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Well life has been very good, but very busy lately.
Our first week of Calvert 1 has been great. The workload is definitely increasing, but Joss still really likes it. I ended up sending back the 1st grade math in exchange for 2nd grade math and I am so glad. It is just perfect for where she is right now. Hoping it keeps her challenged!
I have made a conscious effort to pull back on some commitments and try for more downtime at home. Always looking for that balance, I guess.
Yesterday was really cold and rainy so we stayed in PJs most of the AM and had lots of stories, cut up magazines and made collages and did puzzles. It was lovely but around 1 the kids were getting antsy. I had to go to work so I got them dressed and had R drop me at work and take them to the Children's Museum to run. It worked out great.
MY BRO IS HOME! Just for a leave but the kids are thrilled, Zeff especially. Well, I am beat so I have to sign off - hope everyone is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home