River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Update
Sorry for the lack of recent posts. I am having a tough time this fall. Don't anyone worry, I am okay, it is just a little more of a struggle to do what I need to do each day, and blogging is just not a priority.
I may follow a friend's lead and end my blog in dignity, rather than letting it sputter out. But not yet.
I have had the privilege and honor of attending the most fascinating and informative lactation counselor certification class this week. The instructor/speaker is Karin Cadwell, PhD, IBCLC, RN, etc. etc. and she is amazing. I am so re-energized towards my work life so that is a relief. The week of simulating the full-time working mom thing will hopefully re-energize me towards homeschooling and parenting, too.
School only has felt adequate this month. I really (again) overscheduled J, and because my energy and attitude have been so bad I haven't been doing everything I set out to, although my written schedule looks completely do-able.
Zeff really hasn't been getting much from me either. I am actually very glad that he is in two morning programs because there have been days where that was the only time he was read to other than at bedtime. Waaahh!
The house is coming along. So that is good, but when you are struggling not to be depressed, and it takes all of your effort to keep the house from looking like a garbage house, having plaster dust everywhere and all the stuff from your bathroom moved into your bedroom can be a wee bit overwhelming.
So boohoohoo and waahhh....
BTW, I am working on finishing my seven 7s tag from tenniel.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Hugs to you! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Bad friend, am I, however that I haven't called!

    You're a great mom, and your kids love you. This will get better, too!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your site.

    I can help people who plan to move to San Diego save $5,000 to $25,000 on the purchase of their next home by negotiating with the seller. south carolina real estate south carolina real estate

    Come and check my website out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site. Check mine out if you can. real estate foreclosure investing

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What If This Could All Happen Automatically,
    with a simple push of a button.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home