River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Hmmmm... Do you ever feel like the universe is trying to tell you something? Here I sit carless again. As usual, the blessings abound: we are all okay, I did mega-grocery shopping yesterday AM so we aren't carless and milkless and cereal-less all at the same time. However, I still can't be quite as happy and thankful as I was two weeks ago when we emerged from a car incident unscathed.
We were in a minor - though frightening car accident yesterday. I was driving the kids and I to the pool which is about ten blocks away, straight down our street. As we crossed the one and only busy street on our route, we were hit by another car which went through the red light. We were spun around and hit a stoplight. We were all very scared and shaken up but essentially unhurt. Of course my back and neck didn't appreciate the experience much.
As soon as our car came to a stop, I jumped in back to see if the kids were okay. They were all crying and I did too for a second, but once again realized I needed to pull it together so they could calm down. The woman who hit us was heartbroken as she saw the baby and other kids file out of my car. I actually felt worse for her than for us as I could tell she felt just horrible about it. My initial flash of anger towards the person who endangered my kids was squelched by feeling so bad for her, as it was apparent that the guilt she will feel in regards to it is worse than any other punishment she receives.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Discount Hydro!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Discount Hydro!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home