River's Edge Urban Academy

Homeschooling 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 and baby while working as a postpartum nurse and lactation counselor.

Friday, December 05, 2003

Oh! I forgot to say that Thursday afternoon I took the kids to the library and it was the Best Library Trip Ever!!! Zeff's behavior has really seemed to improve lately and that was the ultimate test! They have a loft above the children's section that the kids are NOT allowed to go up by themselves. Now despite me telling them that once a week for at least a year he almost always tries to go up without me! Yesterday he took two steps up the stairs, and when I reminded him he wasn't supposed to go up there, he CAME BACK DOWN! He didn't run up the stairs as fast as he could! And when it was time to check out he was even willing to relinquish his video for a minute - without crying!! - while the librarian scanned it - another first!
Also on this note, he played pretty nicely with all the other kids he's been around these last two days. No hitting (that I've seen) and even some sharing! These things just don't seem to come easily for my second child, but he is really improving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home